Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Self Makeover


As part of my NY's resolution this year, I've decided to start taking better care of myself and putting more of an effort into my appearance. Before, I used to totally be absorbed with makeup, fashion, and all things beauty. I still am, but I just don't look like I am anymore ;) I can't remember when the last time I experimented with my hair or makeup was. I'm stuck in a beauty rut!!! I have traincases full of makeup, a closet overbrimming with cute clothes, and practically enough hair and skincare products to open up a mini-Sephora. Yet, I wear the same makeup everyday (and a rather boring daily makeup look it is, I must admit), and tend to throw on whatever is the most comfy, which usually doesn't equal the most stylish. My beloved Hai iron has been gathering dust as well, since my hair tends to be pulled up into a sloppy ponytail or else is down and unruly.

I discovered the makeover section on http://www.self.com/, and it's pretty awesome! They have the "One Month Makeover" (health), "31 Days to a More Gorgeous You","Do Good, Feel Good", "In 30 Days you Can Get Organized", and "31 Days to Great Sex." The tips are definitely not mindblowing, but taking the effort to read each daily tip is basically a daily reminder to take care of yourself.

So, as part of my resolution to take better care of myself, today I *finally* got my eyebrows waxed! I had previously went to the famous Anastacia's in Beverly Hills, but was not completely impressed. I grew out my brows for a few months (eek!), and was planning on going back to Anastacia's, but the thought of driving to Beverly Hills and having to wait didn't appeal to me. So, I just dropped by a local waxing salon in Westwood. I'm pretty happy with the results, and may just tweak it a little bit. I have never used eye brow pencil or powder before, so if anyone has any recs, please post! I'll post before and after pictures tomorrow! Then, on Thursday I'm off to cut and dye my hair!! I cannot wait!!

1 comment:

Lo said...

You should try the Physicians' formula "Wonder Brow" stick. The result looks very natural for me!